January Walks and New Year Confessions.

January 18, 2011

On the last two days I’ve started, just started to see a glimpse of a warmer time. I’ve missed the sunshine

soooo much that the walk along the coast on the Wirral on sunday couldn’t have come at a better time.

Sunshine, beach and blue skies all in one, how lovely.

And a local walk yesterday with sun and mist was really quite special too.

I also have a confession to make and I may be struck down by the folk who believe that by twelfth night

all traces of Christmas should be banished and never again seen till later in the year… but…

I loved my Christmas tree soo much this year that I was loathed to throw it out and so turned it into a

paper bird aviary for this month… just to have it around a bit longer. Please don’t judge me too harshly !

1. January 18, 2011 6:25 pm

I’m with you, hate to take down all the ornaments after Christmas, it seems so bare. By coincidence I also have a small table top tree that I put birds on. I keep up a skating scene (that I add to every year)
    well into February.

• January 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Thanks for that I feel I’m no longer alone … lol… hurrah we should start a new ‘Save the January Tree’ Club !

2. ssarahlou permalink
    January 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Your 1st photo is beautiful….its New Brighton ? What a fab idea…..it doesn’t seem such a sin 2 chop it down when u get 2 c it 4 longer. I am sooooo tempted 2 resurrect mine, as it is looking v left out and miserable the other side o the patio window. Mmmmm how should I decorate mine……?!

• January 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Yes Harrison Drive end of New Brighton. Re the tree, why not make some ceramic animals for it, you can even set it up on the patio and that way you can see it for longer without it being in the way . Yay my plan is catching on lol

• ssarahlou permalink
        January 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Well it’s now standing upright…..and pleading 2 b decorated…..can’t c it lasting long enough 4 me 2 get round 2 them….but u never know ! ! !

3. Julian permalink
    January 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Two things struck a cord in your post – milder weather and birds – I heard my first beautiful blackbird song this week; a very cheery start to the morning. I just hope they don’t get fooled by this temporary respite from winter.

• January 19, 2011 9:16 am

I hope we don’t get fooled either, brrr cold again last evening and it’s a frosty but sunny start today. Lovely hearing Bird song in the morning tho.