Domenica More Gordon. Edinburgh’s Felted Dogs.

February 14, 2011

Domenica More Gordon is a proficient textile artist working in Edinburgh. She has perfected the art

of felting, and constructs beautifully quirky and lifelike dogs from just balls of wool and a needle,

a sketch or a client’s photograph of their beloved pooch !

Check out her lovely website by clicking on her name.

..and anyone who likes felted animals will also like an earlier blog of mine on the artist Vriad Lee.

1. ssarahlou permalink
    February 17, 2011 8:22 pm

O Craig ……… they are amazing. So much character, and all so individual. What skill she has. Bringing sooooo much life into a collection of woolen fibres. Wow.

2. Lucia permalink
    December 17, 2011 8:06 pm

Beautiful. What amazing soulful dogs.

• December 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi Lucia, aren’t they great. I can almost imagine them having lives of their own.

3. Sue tague permalink
    July 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Love your work!!!

• July 13, 2012 8:22 pm

OOPS thanks Sue but I’m guessing you mean Domenica’s felted Dogs ? I’m the guy who writes about them. Thanks for visiting.

4. November 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Brilliant. Was talking someone about felting things on the train on a long journey to London. She told me about Dominique’s work. I want to get some needles and felt now. But these are just beautiful.

• November 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Thanks Jackie. They are fab aren’t they, thanks for the message, lovely work by the way too. Craig

5. Linda permalink
    December 29, 2012 2:40 pm

These are awesome. mY DAUGHTER JUST STARTED DOING THIS AND MADE ME 2 FOR CHRISTMAS. i Have them on my computer at work

6. Lucia Tallchief Mele permalink
    June 26, 2017 4:25 am

I absolutely ADORE Domenica’s beautiful dogs. In fact, I’m going to Edinburgh soon to learn more about my tribal grandmother, whose maiden name was Gordon.

Trackbacks

1. Domenica More Gordon . More needle felted dogs and Archie « Fishinkblog's Blog