Fishink in Manchester with Graffiti.

January 21, 2012

Sunday was another sunny day in Manchester and I noticed more amazing graffiti popping up around the city, like this fox.

This bird is a colourful sight, it’s sheer scale is impressive for a start, if you want to see more about spraying with cherry pickers then look below.

More bits ‘n’ bobs with encouraging suggestions.

The Hilton Tower and Deansgate in late afternoon sun.

And then time for some well earned, great food, from Odd Bar in the Northern Quarter, Hmmmmm and a day well spent I think.

1. January 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Love the graffiti – where are the fox/bird? Can’t get vid to play on my phone so sorry of info is on there and I’ve missed it. X

• January 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Hey Sue

The fox is on a shutter opposite Fred Aldous Art shop and the bird is tucked on the back of a building on the same street as the police museum and the old post office sorting house, you have to look to find it.

You can see the video link if you go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBLNYZE3kZM
      excuse the music, lol not my choice 🙂

Hope to catch up again sometime soon C x

• January 25, 2012 10:59 am

Ah that’s funny – I must’ve seen them getting ready to do it when I passed by a little while ago – wondered what was going on. Saw the fox yesterday!

• January 25, 2012 11:01 am

Oh and yeah the music is not really my taste either! (Are we getting old?!)

• January 25, 2012 11:12 am

Wise I think lol

2. TayabIqbal permalink
    January 22, 2012 11:25 am

I walked passed on the day they were doing that large piece with the bird using cherry pickers.

Very cool

• January 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Hey Tayab

Must have been good to see it in progress, I wonder how hard it was to do with the wall so close up.

If definitely brings something fresh and colourful and smile-inducing to a rather drab area I think…. which is good.

Cheers for the comment

3. January 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Do agree with your comment about brightening a drab area but it feels really awkward for me when Brands do graffiti. Like the blog though! : )

• January 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Hey there Joe, thanks for your comments too, I agree with what you said about brands doing graffiti and didn’t even realise the link to the Manchester one’s until i saw Converse written allover the video, perhaps a little less obvious on the design. At least it didn’t have a name emblazoned across it!, small mercies eh lol You’ve got some great features on your blog too, love the vending machine patterns you captured.