Fishink Bits ‘n’ Bobs

March 13, 2013

Fishinkblog 5657 Fishink Designs 1

It’s not everyday that my work gets called ‘delicious’ so I figured it was worth mentioning the lovely blog post from last month on Pattern Prints Journal.com.  It is wonderful to have my work featured on such a fab site, many thanks to Barbara for the feature.

Secondly I wanted to thank Peter Boyle who works at Innovation Central in Manchester, and who invited me to exhibit my work in their combined ‘one year in business’ and charity fundraising event, held at 2022nq in Manchester last week. Here’s a few snaps from the event and the great design centre it was based in.

Fishinkblog 5658 2022nq

There’s a couple of my framed pieces above (rabbit and pigeon). Some of my favourite pieces were from local illustrator Emma Reynolds and Manchester artist Paul Reid.

I recently also got a little mention on my friend’s lovely blog you can view here Sarah Morpeth. Well worth a read.

Lastly I’m excited to reveal that I’ve been selected to attend an Illustration Masterclass at the weekend, which is being run by Blank Media Collective.  I’ll be working with children’s book illustrator Chris Haughton. Myself and nine other illustrators will be spend saturday together, hoping to finely tune our creative skills and swop ‘illustrative notes’ on ways to improve our styles and create fresh and exciting books ourselves. It promises to be an invigorating weekend, watch this space for more news !

In the meantime please do carry on leaving your comments and thoughts and passing on my site and blog links to your friends. You can join me in so many ways. On TwitterFlickrPinterest, Facebook, check out my Children’s Illustration, treat yourself, or a friend to some Fishink Stationery and on my soon to be updated Etsy site. I would love Fishink Blog to travel to as many new people as possible this year, so if you enjoy this space, please please pass Fishink onto at least one person today. Thank you.

fishink logo
Fishinkblog 5659 Cardinals
  1. March 13, 2013 10:03 am

I love your blog Craig. There’s always something interesting – it’s like opening a magazine you’ve been looking forward to. A treat! Thanks. Isobel.

• March 13, 2013 11:49 am

Hi Isobel, how kind of you. Really liking your bird and T cups series of paintings, esp the Wren, what a charmer ! 🙂 Keep reading and please pass it onto friends too

• March 13, 2013 3:00 pm

I certainly will – and thanks for looking at my work too!

• March 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Anytime, good luck with your artwork and exhibitions this year.

2. Wallace permalink
    March 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Looks like ‘Fishink’ is getting quite busy – good luck with the workshop this weekend.

3. March 14, 2013 4:00 am

I have no idea that you have your own stationery line till I saw this post! Cool stuff!

• March 14, 2013 9:26 am

Thanks Rusty. You’ve never spotted that big yellow button at the top of the page that said Fishink Site then ? Perhaps it’s just something you’re used to seeing but don’t question what it is. Interesting lol

• March 14, 2013 11:10 am

I do!! But I didn’t hover on it or click on it to see where it lead me cause it looks the same as the banner. Haha silly me!

4. March 14, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks for the comment, it’s good to know that I need to mention the site occasionally so that people do get to see it exists. It’s all helpful, thanks Rusty