Isabel Hojas Illustration from Chile

March 25, 2013

Fishinkblog 5613 Isabel Hojas 9

Isabel Hojas was born in 1977 and lives in Santiago, Chile. She creates wonderful narratives with fluid movement in her work, using beautiful tones and a skilled control of her inks and watercolours.

Fishinkblog 5606 Isabel Hojas 2

She has always wanted to create books and has experimented with posters, puzzles and T-shirts in the process. I love her perspective here of the riders in the snow.

Fishinkblog 5605 Isabel Hojas 1

There’s a sense of humour in her style, but it’s subtle and sophisticated.

Fishinkblog 5608 Isabel Hojas 4

Fishinkblog 5609 Isabel Hojas 5

It’s great that through her blog she shows us some of her preliminary drawings too.

Fishinkblog 5610 Isabel Hojas 6

I feel her 3-D collage work has a sense of calm and serenity to it.

Fishinkblog 5611 Isabel Hojas 7 Fishinkblog 5607 Isabel Hojas 3

Another rather talented all rounder.

Fishinkblog 5612 Isabel Hojas 8

1. susan day permalink
    March 25, 2013 9:57 am

Thank you Fishink for another lovely post,cheers the morning up no end !

• March 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks Susan, you know that’s something I tire of being told lol

2. March 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Lovely work- colour is great and such a sharp feel for form. Thanks for sharing!

• March 25, 2013 6:01 pm

No problem, once again you’re spot on about the feeling for form. Very true.

3. Rabbitsfoot permalink
    March 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Thank you for sharing this marvelous work! Lovely colors, a variety of perspectives and such warm and gentle humor too!!

• March 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks for your comments, always great to hear when a blog goes down well.

4. March 25, 2013 9:18 pm

hi Craig, thank you so much for sharing Isabel’s art, I don’t know much about illustrators but I always learn through your post, love your blog!!

• March 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks Berenice, Lovely as ever to see how far my little blog ramblings go lol Great to hear it’s appreciated in your neck of the woods too.

5. March 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Delightful. And the last piece (on the right), tranquil and serene.

• March 27, 2013 9:55 am

Thanks , yes I liked that little watercolour you picked out too.

6. April 1, 2013 1:18 pm

Love Isabel Hojas work – thank you for sharing. So much detail, you could gaze at them for hours. Especially intrigued by the lady standing on a table with her foot in her companion’s spaghetti! The expression on his face is so wonderfully resigned.

• April 2, 2013 11:28 am

Hi Hazel, how lovely to ‘find’ you here, well really you refound me I guess lol. Yes the spaghetti image made me smile also. Hope things are well and to catch up soon. I need to plan another Edinburgh trip. x