Fishink Birthday

December 29, 2013

Fishinkblog Great Budworth 6942

Just a little pit stop to say hi and hope that you’re all keeping warm, sane and not feeling too ‘overly indulged’ in a foodie way : )

It was my birthday this week and I had a great day, taking in some countryside walking, pub beverages and beautiful birdsong too. Who could want for more ?

Fishinkblog Great Budworth 6939

This is the lovely village of Great Budworth, which I’ve been to and talked about before. Always a great place to visit. Such charm and a warm and welcoming pub with top food too.

Just look at some of the local festive decorations.

Fishinkblog Great Budworth 6940

Quite a dramatic day for light too.

Fishinkblog Great Budworth 6941

There have been some wonderful evening sunsets lately.

Fishinkblog Birthday 6943

Here’s a brief look at a selection of my fav christmas and birthday cards I received.

Fishinkblog Birthday 6946

Even the stamps caught my eye.

Fishinkblog Birthday 6947

I’m loving this lion card… someone obviously knows me pretty well : )

Fishinkblog Birthday 6944

We visited a friend the other day who’s wife had recently come back from Japan. She kindly gave us some green-tea KitKats to try. I know my foodie /chocoholic following will love these. We should all take a ‘leaf’ out of their book ” Have a break, have a Kitkat”. Happy holidays to one and all. I’ve some exciting news to share with you next year, so see you then.

Fishinkblog Birthday 6945

1. Wallace permalink
    December 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Thanks as ever for sharing the little things of beauty that you have a knack for spotting.

2. December 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Happy Birthday! We’ve had more sunshine than I thought we would, been chained to a hot cooker for the duration…..

• December 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Break those chains young lady, have a kitkat break of your own. Still got the 2nd Hobbit film on my list of ‘to do’s’ : )

• December 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Go see it, real fun. Family gone now, unchained and, what a surprise, it has started to rain…..

3. December 29, 2013 5:05 pm

Hello, Have been subscribed to your blog for a few months, but never commented until now . I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed and look forward to each post~ I especially love that your posts are not just devoted to art /illustrations (although enjoy them hugely and love discovering artists new to me ,as well as seeing your own work) but also so enjoy your evocative photographs of your excursions into the countryside and surroundings . Such lovely photos ! Thank you for sharing a bit of your world and art.

• December 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi there, what a wonderful message to receive, especially at this time of year. It’s rewarding to me to hear how much the stories and posts mean to you. I know that there are many people who read my posts who choose not to comment or perhaps don’t know what to say, preferring instead to be a silent presence online. I’m delighted that you have chosen to also share your thoughts. Much appreciated, and all the best to you for the new year. Keep reading : )

4. Sarah permalink
    December 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Happy belated birthday,BIG sorry I missed it……even after you had mentioned the date.
    Was the KitKat nice?

• December 30, 2013 12:49 am

Me… mentioned the date ? Not me, I don’t advertise my birthday to anyone. People just have to guess and then I get miffed when they don’t know lol (joke). KitKat has a soft kind of smokey edge to it, but yes very edible !

5. December 29, 2013 11:00 pm

thank you for sharing the birthday and Christmas cards, great designs, refreshing. I like the postage stamp also. I tend to save stamps with interesting color and design. In fact, a block of stamps honoring the design duo of Charles and Ray Eames, gave me the inspiration for my living room colors and decoration. I too enjoy photos of your excursions around town or out of town. Here’s to a great New Year for you.

• December 30, 2013 12:50 am

Thank you, glad I’m not alone in my odd stamp appreciation then : )

6. December 30, 2013 8:07 am

Well, a very happy birthday indeed! Thank you for the lovely visual treats (oh, those marvelous fish) and I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your day. In our house, we celebrate our birth month. Go ahead, you deserve it. . .and a happy New Year, too!

• December 30, 2013 10:09 am

Thanks for your comments Cindi. Wow… celebrating a whole month, now that would be something lol. I like you’re sense of style : )

7. December 30, 2013 11:01 am

A very Happy Birthday to you! And what a lovely selection of photos – a really good start to the day.

8. December 31, 2013 9:57 am

Can’t get my head around that green kitkat! Love the robin pic at the top. Happy birthday 🙂

• December 31, 2013 10:58 am

Seeing is believing lol Yep the Robin was my fav too, perhaps that’s next years Christmas card sorted out!