I want to Be … Fishink Children’s Book Illustration

August 7, 2012

This is another idea for a Children’s book, I thought I’d share with you.  What do you think ?

It’s been a ‘Yo Ho Ho’ and a breath of fresh air to work in a new and totally different way for me. I’ve enjoyed the subject matter too. What do boys and girls want to be when they grow up these days ? I’d like some non stereotypical suggestions too. All comments welcome, and if anyone is interested in publishing this or should anyone know of someone who might be then please get in touch or pass the link onto them. Many thanks ‘me arties’ !

1. August 7, 2012 3:17 pm

Especially love the pirate with the net!

• August 7, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks Jane, you’re always one of the first to ‘catch’ on (groan). So what did you want to be when you were small ?

2. ollie permalink
    August 7, 2012 3:24 pm

love the illustrations – pirates are v big right now – well at least they are here in Hastings where we hold the guiness world record for the largest gathering of pirates – 14,231! http://hastingspirateday.org.uk/
    My sister is in publishing – she may be able to help…

• August 7, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi Ollie

Many thanks for the comments and contributions. I like the pirate day link too. You have a sister in publishing.. wow this gets more and more interesting lol

3. August 7, 2012 10:51 pm

Great fresh style! Also love that net and your color sense. I wish I knew more people in publishing myself. Would think lots of kids want to be an Olympian at the moment! I wanted to be a Bob Fosse style dancer, movie star and marine biologist and of course, an artist 🙂

• August 7, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks for your feedback Allyn. Marine Biologist is a good one. It’s interesting to see who wanted to be what and who actually made it happen.

4. Elaine Velho Revans permalink
    August 7, 2012 11:51 pm

I love the blue of the sea. Scrolled back twice to look at that part alone. Nice work Craig! Made me smile. x

• August 7, 2012 11:58 pm

Great to know the work can cause a smile, thanks Elaine.

5. Steve D permalink
    August 9, 2012 5:28 pm

Your post reminded me of Capt Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs. v cool.
    Cross genre stuff is really hot these days. Zombie Pirates was done by Depp, and Science Pirates by Aardman. Hmm… Space Pirates mashup perhaps?

• August 9, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks Steve. I think space pirates may even have been used by the team on Firefly, Sci Fi / Western series, but it’s a good idea still. Thanks for the comments, always good to gather feedback. : )