Happy New Year with Agostino Lacurci

January 5, 2016

Welcome to Fishinkblog and 2016. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all.. and so how was your Christmas and New Year ? All good I hope with the chance for that much needed down-time and opportunity to reflect and recharge the internal batteries too : )

I turned a half century over the festive period and had the welcome opportunity to meet up with 24 of my best friends and celebrate it with a meal in Manchester… what a treat !

Fishinkblog 9777 Birthday

I even received a home-made cake and some lovely presents. Thank you everyone for your generosity and friendship, it meant so much.

Fishinkblog 9778 Birthday 2

Fishink blog Votenow

The next announcement is to ask a big favour from you all and that is to vote once again for your favourite Fishinkblog, in the UK Blog Awards 2016. It takes but one minute and you can do it by clicking HERE. I appear in the category of an individual entry and am listed under  the ‘Arts and Culture’ section. Please ask everyone you know to add their votes too.. last year we got in the runners up top ten.. let’s see if we can improve on that… many thanks.  Ok and now to today’s artist feature.

Fishinkblog 9767 Agostino Lacurci 1

Agostino Lacurci is a very talented graffiti illustrator. Born in Foggia in 1986, Agostino has been creating since 2008 and designing stories on buildings and important public spaces, working in unison with their inhabitants.

Fishinkblog 9768 Agostino Lacurci 2

I love his stylish swirls and curves.

Fishinkblog 9769 Agostino Lacurci 3

Many residents have welcomed his artwork and say that it’s made their neighbourhood a friendlier place since the murals arrived !

Fishinkblog 9770 Agostino Lacurci 4

This swimmer is a fab addition to what was previously a rather drab building.

Fishinkblog 9771 Agostino Lacurci 5

If you’re wondering how he copes with the scale of everything… look at this ! Boy do you need a head for heights, err and a sun umbrella !

Fishinkblog 9772 Agostino Lacurci 6

He also creates paintings and 3-D sculptures.

Fishinkblog 9776 Agostino Lacurci 10

Fishinkblog 9775 Agostino Lacurci 9

This is a ‘now you see him, now you don’t’ man and tree sculpture. How clever.

Fishinkblog 9773 Agostino Lacurci 7

Fishinkblog 9774 Agostino Lacurci 8

I really enjoyed finding out more about Agostino’s work and ideas, I hope you did too. There’s a great Q&A article over on the Lancia Trend Visions site if you want to know a little more.

Happy 2016 everyone don’t forget to vote now for Fishink Blog. Thank you.

1. Claire permalink
    January 5, 2016 1:42 pm

Happy Half a Century :))) And what lovely wallpaper you have! claire x

• January 5, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanks Claire… It’s Mark Hearld from St Judes… in case you fancy some. Happy New Year to you too X

2. January 5, 2016 1:46 pm

Ooooh, now this is right up my strada in terms of urban artwork Craig, thank you for bringing this to our attention! I will definitely have to keep an eye out for this guy’s work in Turin and Rome when I’m there later this year! PS I’ve voted with pleasure and wish you every good fortune as I know how much work and passion goes into your blog! Keep up the great work hon! :o)

• January 5, 2016 5:11 pm

I thought of you when I was collating the images lol Thanks for your vote and look forward to seeing you really soon : )

3. January 5, 2016 1:56 pm

Happy New Year! How fantastic is this work by Agostino Lacurci? Amazing! Thanks for the intro. I’ve voted for your blog – good luck!

• January 5, 2016 5:12 pm

Cheers Isobel for your comments and vote. Glad we’re off to a great start.

4. neatokeenetsy permalink
    January 5, 2016 2:12 pm

Happy Birthday and Happy New Year, Craig! Welcome to the Mid Century 🙂 Wishing you all good things in 2016. Of course voted for you – you’re #1 in my book!

• January 5, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi Cindy, so kind of you to say so. Hope you had a gloriously retro Christmas and a busy selling year ahead too. Might we anticipate any guest posts this year do you think ? We live in hope : )